|Industry||Transportation and delivery|
|English Wikipedia article|
Uber Technologies, Inc., commonly known as Uber, is an international transportation and delivery services company based in the United States. Its subsidiaries include Careem, Jump Bikes, and Uber Eats.
- 31 March 2020 (+20 dayssrc): Pledged 10 million free rides and food deliveries for health care workers, senior citizens, and others affected by COVID-19.
- 26 March 2020 (+15 dayssrc): Criticized by drivers for sick leave program setup for COVID-19 being restrictive, inconsistent, and easy to actually receive funds from.
- 11 April 2020 (31 days since WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic):
- 26 March 2020: Gig workers say sick pay for coronavirus is hard to come by, CNET
- 31 March 2020: Uber pledges 10 million free rides and deliveries for workers affected by COVID-19, The Verge
- Hawkins, Andrew J. (2020-03-31). "Uber pledges 10 million free rides and deliveries for workers affected by COVID-19". The Verge. Retrieved 2020-04-13.
- "Gig workers say sick pay for coronavirus is hard to come by". cnet. Retrieved 2020-04-13.
- Sonnemaker, Tyler. "Amazon employees say they're scared to go to work, but they're not alone — here are 7 big companies facing worker criticism over their coronavirus safety response". Business Insider. Retrieved 2020-04-13.