The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company's logo
|Industry||Entertainment and media conglomerate|
|English Wikipedia article|
The Walt Disney Company, commonly known as Disney, is an international entertainment and media conglomerate based in the United States. Its subsidiaries include 20th Century Studios, ABC, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, ESPN, FX Networks, Lucasfilm, Marvel Entertainment, Marvel Studios, and National Geographic Partners.
- 05 April 2020 (25 days since WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic):
- : No longer charging monthly payments on annual passes until parks reopen. Will allow these passes to be valid beyond the originally scheduled expiration date.
- : Annual passes for customers who paid in full will be extended the number of days the parks are closed.
- : Customers who paid in full for annual passes also have the option to ask for a partial refund for the closure period.
- 05 April 2020 (+25 dayssrc): Thirty-eight employees onboard the Disney Wonder reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.
- 19 April 2020 (39 days since WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic):
- 05 April 2020: Disney waives monthly payments, offers refunds for annual passholders during COVID-19 crisis, Fox 2 Detroit
- 12 April 2020: Disney World to furlough 43,000 employees during COVID-19 pandemic, WVLT
- 13 April 2020: Disney releases dates for movies pushed back due to COVID-19 pandemic, WXYZ
- "Disney releases dates for movies pushed back due to COVID-19 pandemic". WXYZ. 2020-04-13. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- "Disney waives monthly payments, offers refunds for annual passholders during COVID-19 crisis". FOX 2 Detroit. 2020-04-05. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- "Thirty-Eight Crew Members on Disney Wonder Reportedly Test Positive for COVID-19". Cruise Law News. 2020-04-05. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- News, WVLT. "Disney World to furlough 43,000 employees during COVID-19 pandemic". www.wvlt.tv. Retrieved 2020-04-14.