The Kroger Company's logo
|English Wikipedia article|
The Kroger Company, or simply Kroger, is a national grocery retailer in the United States. Its subsidiaries include Dillons, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Harris Teeter, Home Chef, King Soopers, Kroger Health, The Little Clinic, Mariano's, Quality Food Centers (QFC), Ralphs, Roundy's, Ruler Foods, Smith's, and Vitacost.
- : Advocating to government officials for help securing a priority place in line for all grocery workers - after health care workers - to have access to protective masks and gloves.
- 03 April 2020 (+23 dayssrc): Installed plexiglass protections around counters and expanded cleaning efforts.
- 07 April 2020 (+27 dayssrc): Began testing the use of one-way aisles in their stores.
- 07 April 2020 (27 days since WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic):
- 20 April 2020 (+40 dayssrc): Established COVID-19 Response Fund which will "aim to direct $10 million" in customer and corporate donations to local, state, and national COVID-19 response efforts.
- : Temporarily waiving fees for prescription delivery via mail or courier.
- 21 April 2020 (41 days since WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic):
- 22 April 2020 (+42 dayssrc): Began offering free drive-thru COVID-19 testing at multiple locations throughout the country.
- 14 March 2020 (+3 dayssrc): Employees are allowed two weeks paid time off for associates diagnosed with or placed under quarantine due to COVID-19.
- 21 March 2020 (+10 dayssrc):
- : Employees who are self-isolating or are experiencing symptoms as verified by a health care professional are eligible to receive their standard pay for up to two weeks.
- : Provided a one-time bonus to hourly employees, amounting to US$300 for full-time associate and US$150 for part-time associate.
- : Gave each employee US$25 for groceries, and company's stores are also providing food for employees.
- 29 March 2020 (+18 dayssrc): Reported that some employees at a distribution center "walked off the job because they didn’t feel safe and they don’t believe Kroger is properly compensating them for working long hours due to increased shipments".
- 31 March 2020 (20 days since WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic):
- : Announced it would provide all hourly employees with Hero Pay, a US$2 premium above their standard base rate of pay, which would be applied to hours worked 29 March through 18 April.
- : Increased overall funding available to employees through its Helping Hands Fund, a "company-sponsored fund that provides financial assistance to associates who are experiencing a financial hardship due to an unexpected or emergency situation".
- 06 April 2020 (26 days since WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic):
- : Encouraging employees to wear protective masks and gloves.
- : Company has ordered supplies of this equipment for their employees.
- : Beginning temperature and other wellness checks for store employees.
- : Announced they will be closing early on Easter Sunday to allow their employees more time at home during the holiday.
- : Encouraging employees to wear protective masks and gloves.
- 08 April 2020 (+28 dayssrc): Confirmed that an employee at their Willow Lawn, Virginia store tested positive for COVID-19.
- 16 April 2020 (+36 dayssrc): Announced it would extend its Hero Pay, a US$2 premium above their standard base rate of pay, through to 2 May.
- 19 April 2020 (+39 dayssrc): Requiring employees to wear face masks. Company says it has a supply of surgical masks available for employees.
- 23 April 2020 (+43 dayssrc): Began a pilot program in Colorado and Michigan testing its employees for COVID-19.
- 07 May 2020 (+57 dayssrc): Company confirmed they would end their US$2 an hour "Hero Pay" on 17 May 2020.
- 18 May 2020 (+68 dayssrc): Company requests that employees pay back accidental overpayments made by Kroger in the employee's COVID-19 Emergency Pay.
- 19 May 2020 (+69 dayssrc): Company reverses previous decision and allows employees to keep accidental overpayments made by the company to their COVID-19 Emergency Pay.
- 29 March 2020: COVID-19 concerns causing delays at Kroger Distribution Center in Memphis, WMC
- 01 April 2020: Kroger to offer pay bonus, expand benefits amid COVID-19 impact, Talk Business & Politics
- 03 April 2020: Kroger continuing to make changes to protect customers and employees during COVID-19 pandemic, WHNT
- 06 April 2020: Kroger coronavirus plans: Customer limit, one-way aisles, masks, wellness checks, more, WDIV
- 21 April 2020: Kroger making numerous adjustments during COVID-19 pandemic, WTAP
- 22 April 2020: Gov. Beshear: Anyone can get a COVID-19 test at new Kroger drive-thru sites, The Courier-Journal
- 23 April 2020: Kroger launches free drive-thru COVID-19 testing site in Novi, The Detroit News
- 19 May 2020: Kroger lets workers keep extra ‘Hero Pay’ after company sent collection letters, WEWS
- WTAP. "Kroger making numerous adjustments during COVID-19 pandemic". www.wtap.com. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- "Kroger continuing to make changes to protect customers and employees during COVID-19 pandemic". WHNT.com. 2020-04-03. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- Hutchinson, Derick (2020-04-06). "Kroger coronavirus plans: Customer limit, one-way aisles, masks, wellness checks, more". WDIV. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- Meyer, Maredithe (2020-04-07). "Kroger limits customer capacity at all stores in response to COVID-19". BizTimes - Milwaukee Business News. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- "Kroger expands Zero Hunger | Zero Waste program for COVID-19 relief". WANE. 2020-04-21. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- Watkins, Morgan. "Gov. Beshear: Anyone can get a COVID-19 test at new Kroger drive-thru sites". The Courier-Journal. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- Carter, Evan James. "Kroger launches free drive-thru COVID-19 testing site in Novi". Detroit News. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- "Kroger to pay employee bonus for 'frontline' work amid COVID-19 pandemic". Supermarket News. 2020-03-23. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- Staff, WLWT Digital (2020-04-01). "Kroger to offer employees 'hero bonus' to show appreciation during COVID-19 pandemic". WLWT. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- Staff. "COVID-19 concerns causing delays at Kroger Distribution Center in Memphis". WMCActionNews5. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- Michael TilleyBridge loans help save an estimated 3, 500 jobs; Kim SouzaTop six Walmart execs earn a combined $112. 39 million in 2019April 24, 2020 (2020-04-01). "Kroger to offer pay bonus, expand benefits amid COVID-19 impact". Talk Business & Politics. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- "Kroger employee tests positive for COVID-19". NBC 12. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- Asia Simone Burns, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "Kroger employees now required to wear face masks". ajc. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- "Kroger pilots COVID-19 testing for store associates". Grocery Dive. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- "Kroger plans to eliminate 'Hero Pay' for grocery workers, UFCW Local Unions respond". FOX31 Denver. 2020-05-07. Retrieved 2020-05-10.
- "Kroger lets workers keep extra 'Hero Pay' after company sent collection letters". WEWS. 2020-05-20. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "File:Kroger May 2020 letter about overpayments.jpeg". Kroger. Retrieved 2020-05-20.