Guitar Center's logo
|Type||Subsidiary of Ares Management|
|English Wikipedia article|
Guitar Center is a national music retailer in the United States. Its subsidiaries include Giardinelli, LMI, Music & Arts, Music 123, Musician.com, Private Reserve Guitars, and Woodwind and Brasswind.
- : Offering music lessons online instead of in-person.
- 31 March 2020 (+20 dayssrc): Sent a letter to vendors indicating that they had furloughed 9,000 of the company's estimated 11,000 employees across both Guitar Center and Music & Arts stores.
- 09 April 2020 (+29 dayssrc): Ordered to close Kansas City distribution center after receiving two warnings from the city that it was defying their stay-at-home order.
- 23 April 2020 (+43 dayssrc): Reopened Kansas City distribution center after negotiating with city officials additional safety measures for employees.
- 07 April 2020: Guitar Center furloughs 9,000 employees in response to COVID-19, Guitar.com
- 09 April 2020: Kansas City Orders Guitar Center Facility To Close After It Defied Stay-At-Home Order, KCUR
- 23 April 2020: Guitar Center Distribution Center allowed to reopen under stay-at-home order, KSHB
- 01 May 2020: Guitar Center brings lessons live to your living room, Los Angeles Daily News
- "Guitar Center brings lessons live to your living room". Daily News. 2020-05-01. Retrieved 2020-05-09.
- "Guitar Center furloughs 9,000 employees in response to COVID-19". Guitar.com. 2020-04-07. Retrieved 2020-05-09.
- "Kansas City Orders Guitar Center Facility To Close After It Defied Stay-At-Home Order". KCUR 89.3 - NPR in Kansas City. Local news, entertainment and podcasts. 2020-04-09. Retrieved 2020-05-09.
- "Guitar Center Distribution Center allowed to reopen under stay-at-home order". KSHB. 2020-04-23. Retrieved 2020-05-09.