Albertsons Companies logo
|English Wikipedia article|
Albertsons Companies is a national grocery retail company in the United States. Its subsidiaries include Acme Markets, Haggen, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Pavilions, Randalls, Safeway, Shaw's, Star Market, Tom Thumb, United Supermarkets, and Vons. It is privately owned and operated by investors, including Cerberus Capital Management.
- : Implemented one-way aisles.
- 15 March 2020 (+4 dayssrc): Installing plexiglass barriers at checkout areas.
- 23 March 2020 (+12 dayssrc): Company is donating US$3 million to hunger relief efforts related to the COVID-19 pandemic and creating "Help Feed Families During This Crisis" campaign allowing customers to contribute as well.
- 22 April 2020 (+42 dayssrc): Announced it is donating an additional US$50 million to hunger relief efforts related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- : Providing employees with protective masks and gloves.
- 15 March 2020 (+4 dayssrc): Providing "appreciation pay" to all employees with additional US$2 hourly pay.
- 24 March 2020 (+13 dayssrc): Working with 17 companies in food and hospitality industries to hire workers furloughed as a result of the pandemic.
- 05 May 2020 (+55 dayssrc): Has at least 26 stores in the Southern California area with one or more employees that have tested positive for COVID-19.
- 04 May 2020: Albertsons Boosts Care For Its Communities, Associates And Customers As Sales Surge, Forbes
- Loeb, Walter. "Albertsons Boosts Care For Its Communities, Associates And Customers As Sales Surge". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "Albertsons plans plexiglass barriers, 'appreciation pay' in COVID-19 response". Supermarket News. 2020-03-21. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "Retailers dig deep for community outreach during coronavirus pandemic". Supermarket News. 2020-03-23. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "Albertsons earmarks $50 million for hunger relief amid COVID-19 crisis". Supermarket News. 2020-04-22. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "Albertsons assists digital shoppers in real time". Chain Store Age. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "UPDATE: C&S Wholesale Grocers partners with US Foods and Performance Food Group as coronavirus disrupts jobs". Supermarket News. 2020-03-24. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "Workers at 70 SoCal Supermarkets Test Positive for COVID-19, as Ralphs Says it Won't Test All Employees". NBC Los Angeles. Retrieved 2020-05-20.