|English Wikipedia article|
Instacart is an international retail delivery service based in the United States.
- 27 March 2020 (16 days since WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic):
- : Company says it will extend paid leave to May 8 and include people put in mandatory quarantine by public health authorities in the leave policy. Impacted workers receive up to 14 days of paid time off.
- : Offering a US$25 to US$200 bonus for workers dependent on the hours worked between March 15 and April 15.
- : Increasing availability of hand sanitizer and other supplies to workers in the coming weeks.
- 30 March 2020 (19 days since WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic):
- : Workers go on strike asking the company for an "additional US$5 per order and an automatic tip of 10% of the order total, as well as safety gear like hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, and soap".
- : Gig Workers Collective accuses the company of profiteering, saying "Instacart has turned this pandemic into a PR campaign, portraying itself the hero of families that are sheltered-in-place, isolated, or quarantined. Instacart has still not provided essential protections to Shoppers on the front lines that could prevent them from becoming carriers, falling ill themselves, or worse."
- 27 March 2020: Instacart workers are planning to strike until the company gives them hazard pay and safety gear, Business Insider
- Pietsch, Bryan. "Instacart workers are planning to strike until the company gives them hazard pay and safety gear". Business Insider. Retrieved 2020-04-25.