General Electric Company's logo
|English Wikipedia article|
General Electric Company (GE) is an international conglomerate based in the United States.
- : Providing additional 14 days of paid sick leave for employees diagnosed with COVID-19, with a presumed COVID-19 diagnosis from a doctor, or with prolonged exposure to a COVID-19 positive person.
- : Announced it is laying off 10% of the company's aviation workforce because of the rapid decline in air travel.
- : Hired additional cleaners for plants and increased cleaning budgets.
- 31 March 2020 (+20 dayssrc): Employees organized protests asking the company for safety measures as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 08 April 2020 (28 days since WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic):
- : Employees organized protests demanding the company create safer working conditions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- : Union leaders at the company's Schenectady plant held a rally calling for the company to use the facilities and workers it has idled to make ventilators for COVID-19 patients.
- 08 April 2020: GE Workers in Mass. Protest, Demand Safety Measures Amid Coronavirus Pandemic, NBC Boston
- 08 April 2020: Union rally urges GE to expand ventilator production to help fight virus, The Daily Gazette
- "GE Workers in Mass. Protest, Demand Safety Measures Amid Coronavirus Pandemic". NBC Boston. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Workers Protest for Safe Working Conditions at GE Aviation Plant". NBC Boston. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Union rally urges GE to expand ventilator production to help fight virus | The Daily Gazette". dailygazette.com. Retrieved 2020-04-09.