Designer Brands logo
|English Wikipedia article|
Designer Brands is an international footwear retailer based in the United States. It also operates private footwear labels including Audrey Brooke, Kelly & Katie, Lulu Townsend, and Poppie Jones. Its retail brands include Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW), The Shoe Company and Shoe Warehouse.
- 17 March 2020 (+6 dayssrc): Company announces it will temporarily close its stores in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 05 May 2020 (+55 dayssrc): Announces plans to collect from customers and donate gently used shoes as well as 100,000 pairs of new shoes will be given to COVID-19 "frontline workers and their families".
- 06 May 2020 (+56 dayssrc): Company announces plans for stores reopening in states which permit it and safety measures being taken in response to COVID-19 pandemic.
- 06 May 2020 (+56 dayssrc): Company announces that when stores reopen customers will be able to try on shoes at designated areas of the store.
- 17 March 2020 (+6 dayssrc): Company announces it will pay employees for two weeks after temporary closure of stores due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- 29 March 2020 (+18 dayssrc): Company furloughs 80% of its employees.
- : Employees will not be paid during furlough.
- : Employees will continue to receive healthcare benefits during furlough.
- : Employees not furloughed will receive a pay cut.
- : Executives taking 20% pay cut as well as a 20% reduction in cash retainers for all non-employee directors serving on its board.
- : Implemented a hiring freeze.
- : 2020 merit raises for all staff are on hold.
- 06 May 2020 (56 days since WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic):
- 05 May 2020: Designer Brands makes donation on Giving Tuesday as DSW stores reopen, KNWA
- 06 May 2020: DSW Is Doing Its Own COVID-19 Research + Other Critical Ways Coronavirus Is Changing Its Stores, Footwear News
- 25 March 2020: DSW parent places 80% of workforce on unpaid leave, American City Business Journals
- "DSW parent places 80% of workforce on unpaid leave". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- "Designer Brands makes donation on Giving Tuesday as DSW stores reopen". KNWA FOX24. 2020-05-05. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- McDonald, Samantha; McDonald, Samantha (2020-05-06). "DSW Is Doing Its Own COVID-19 Research + Other Critical Ways Coronavirus Is Changing Its Stores". Footwear News. Retrieved 2020-05-14.